With over £410 million invested since 2012, Sutton is fast becoming one of outer London’s development and investment hotspots.
Close proximity to central London, the outstanding Surrey countryside and both Heathrow and Gatwick airports has secured Sutton’s status as an attractive London location to live, work and invest.
From being recently voted one of the top ten places to live in Greater London to having properties with the third fastest selling rate regionally, there is a multitude of factors which contribute to Sutton’s high quality of life and desirable location including:
- Thriving local economy – Sutton is home to over 6,800 businesses ranging from small independent businesses to the headquarters of global corporations. Since 2009, the number of new business start ups has almost doubled and Sutton has the highest one- and two-year business survival rates in outer south London.
- Skilled workforce – Over two fifths of Sutton’s working age population hold a degree level qualification or higher which makes the borough’s workforce an attractive resource for businesses.
- Village feel – Being in Zone 5, Sutton enjoys both being close to the hustle and bustle of London but also the serenity of Surrey. Many of Sutton’s small district centres retain a ‘village’ atmosphere not seen in central London, and are appealing areas for both families to live and businesses to trade in.
- Top performing schools – Sutton is home to some of the UK’s best performing schools. Sutton’s schools are ranked second and third nationally for GCSE and A Level attainment, respectively.
- Safe borough – Sutton is the third safest borough in London, and residents and businesses can feel confident in living or trading in a borough in which crime is kept at a minimum.
However, Sutton is not resting on its laurels. Opportunity Sutton has created a gateway for inward investment and is shaping the Sutton of the future to the best it can be.
Ambitious plans have been developed to realise the ‘Sutton 2031’ vision for growth, including a masterplan for Sutton Town Centre and the London Cancer Hub in Belmont. There are plenty of development and investment opportunities to unlock economic growth in the borough.
Discover more about Sutton’s ambitious plans for growth by downloading the Growth Prospectus.