Premier League Works Employability Programme
5 Jul 2017
Palace for Life Foundation will be running their flagship Premier League Works Employability Programme from the 10th July 2017 – 30th August 2017. Sessions will run on Mondays, Tuesdays & Wednesdays, 10am – 3pm at Sutton United FC’s Borough Sports Ground, SM1 (Mondays & Tuesdays) and at the Samuel Coleridge Taylor Centre (Wednesdays) for 8 WEEKS.
**** THE PREMIER LEAGUE WORKS ****
- Do you live in South London?
- Do you want to work with others to build your community?
- Would you like support to find employment, training or further education?
- Do you want to kick-start your career in Hospitality, Catering, Sports Coaching or the Construction Industry?
- Would you like to build your confidence in skills needed for work?
- Are you aged 16 – 25 years old?
- Would you like to gain work experience within a football club environment?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above – the Premier League Works – Employability Programme is for YOU!
Palace for Life Foundation is excited to announce that we are now taking on participants for our new PL Works – Employability Programme. The summer programme will run for 8 weeks on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays however, participants are given mentoring support throughout the programme for up to 6 months after the course ends.
You will have the opportunity to set goals and complete a Personal Development Plan, attend Workshop Sessions and receive 1:1 Mentoring. This will help you to access a range of opportunities for success through accredited training, short courses, and taster days, networking events, volunteering, community events and masterclasses.
Some of the accreditations include:
- Health & Safety Level 1
- Life Skills
- NCFE Level 1 in Personal & Social Development
- Event Planning/Community Social Action Project
- 90 Minutes of Football/Sports twice a week
- Business & Enterprise Skills
- *CSCS Card (for those following the Construction Pathway)
- 30-Hour Work Placement
- 8 Jamie Oliver Food Foundation Cooking Lessons
- MasterChef ‘Style’ cooking competition and big prizes
And much, much more……
To support participants to follow other pathways outside of football coaching we have added cooking skills for those interested in working within the hospitality and catering industries (including 8 sessions of the Jamie Oliver Ministry of Food Course). Also, Health & Safety Level 1 and the CSCS Card for those interested in working within the Construction Industry. We are happy to book participants onto the FA level 1 coaching Badge once they have completed the PL Works Programme. There will also be 90 minutes of football/gym/cooking twice a week and a Master Chef ‘style’ competition at the end where participants can win big prizes.
If you would like to discuss the programme further please call Susan on 07808 322983.