London Borough of Sutton Supported Internships
The London Borough of Sutton is working with partners support the delivery supported internships. The project includes setting up a supported internship forum which will be managed and run by local education providers, local authority services and local employers to identify local opportunities and overcome the local barriers to create a supported internship programme. The project also includes dedicated resource to provide job coach training to increase the pool of expert job coaches available and to support young people with SEND on work placements.
For more information please contact: email@example.com
Working and Health Programme: Better Working Futures
Do you need someone to help you find a job? Do you live in Sutton, Croydon, Kingston, Merton or Richmond?
Better Working Futures provides personal advice and guidance, skills training and health support, helping Sutton residents find the right job. The service gives people who face additional barriers to finding work the best support available.
For more information please visit the Working and Health Programme page
Areas covered: Regional
Eligibility: Young People and Adults
- Full time programmes for students with autistic spectrum disorders, challenging behaviours, visual and hearing impairments, health and personal care needs and mental health issues.
- Three year programme designed for school leavers and young adults who need significant levels of support within a college environment.
- Traineeships, building skills for independence or a combination of bespoke courses that provide a ‘best fit’ for what the learner wants to be doing at the end of their time at college.
Job Centre Plus
Jobcentre Plus assists those seeking work as well as offering a range of recruitment services to help employers.
0845 604 3719
Carew House, Railway Approach, Wallington SM6 0DX
Areas covered: South London
Eligibility: Age 18 years plus with a disability
- Employ Me – is a Mencap specialist support employment programme for people with a learning disability. Help people find and stay in employment, and make the most of their experience as employees.
- Training – work with people to identify and develop the skills needed for the jobs they wanted to do.
- Finding Work – We provide support for people to develop the skills they need to search for a job.
- Work Trials – We can offer people the chance to experience a real life work environment. This is like a working interview.
- Starting Work – Support is there to ensure that when someone starts a new job they can comfortably settle into their role.
- On-going Support – Mencap can also provide support to ensure that someone has a job they can make progress in the workplace and take advantage of any career development opportunities.
Areas covered: All Boroughs
Eligibility: Adults (16+)
- Not-for-profit community interest organisation.
- To support adults (16+) with learning disabilities by offering real life opportunities.
- To improve work skills, or support with life skill development.